8 G-Fit Tips for achieving your goals in 2016
2016 is almost here, what??!? Am I dreaming? It is just crazy to me how quickly the years fly by! First of all, I want to take a quick moment to thank all of YOU for another incredible year! I am so proud of each and every one of you, and the wonderful things we have achieved as a family. It really does take a village and that is exactly what we have created in our Ultimate Online Family. Thank you all for being a part of our family and sharing in all your success! I can’t wait for an even better 2016!
Now for the tips…
As the new year is almost here, the word diet comes up more now than ever. When asked 10 people what their new years goal was going to be, they all stemmed from “diet”. If this would be your answer too, please first change your thoughts by changing your choice of words. If you just listen to how that word sounds or looks, doesn’t it look daunting?! Change the word to something more appealing such as “start living” or “incorporate more delicious foods”, “feel invigorated”. Now, of course, those each need to be a bit more specific but doesn’t the overall goal now sound inviting!? I mean the word Diet has the root word “DIE”, no thank you!!
When most people think of “dieting”, the thought of deprivation, limiting foods, relentless cravings and boredom comes to mind. When you “diet”, this is typically the outcome but it doesn’t have to be that way! When you start living and learn to incorporate healthy foods, you will feel invigorated and see that “dieting” isn’t so bad after all! It isn’t about restricting yourself but rather learning how to make better choices and getting creative with your food, THANK YOU Devotion Nutrition for making clean eating SO Yummy! Protein that makes Ice Cream (aka Protein Fluff) and Flex Flavors that allow me to eat “Creme Brûlée“, that is what I am talking about! Eating Bland and boring is NOT the answer, making eating FUN and Flavorful is! 🙂 Would you believe me if I told you this was completely healthy and less than 150 calories and NO Sugar, YES it is possible to Enjoy every bit of healthy Eating!! Get Creme Brulee Protein Fluff Recipe HERE.
Fad diets will have so much more of a negative impact on your longevity than you can even fathom. If fitting into your skinny jeans is your goal, you can do it without risking your health. If you are striving for permanent success, Please don’t diet in 2016! Restrictive dieting may lead to short term success but who wants to put in all the work for temporary changes and at the cost of your health? Invest your time and energy into creating new habits that will lead you to long-term success!! That is what my Plans are all about. reaching your goals AND maintaining them for life!
Use these 8 tips to help you with your goals in 2016!
1. START SMALL. Gradual changes will lead to big results. Don’t completely cut everything out, start with the 1/2 Rule…
The ½ Rule: If you really want a little unhealthy food once in a while, it’s okay. If you deprive yourself too much, that may cause you to binge more frequently! Use the ½ Rule. Want that piece of cake? Cut it in half. Want that chocolate bar? Cut it in half. Want that bagel? Cut it in half. Want that bowl of pasta? Cut the serving in half!
2. SERVING SIZES. Understand a serving size. So often you don’t even know what a serving size looks like. Use my serving size guide below. 🙂
3. RECORD: Taking note of what you put into your mouth and the type of activity you do will greatly help in your journey. Understanding what it is you do, what you eat and most of all being able to reflect on your past will help you in your future.
4. READ LABELS. Reading food labels is key to understanding the quality that goes into your mouth. It is not only about the nutrition facts but also and almost more important is the ingredients list. If you can’t read an ingredient, most likely it is not mean to be eaten. Rule of thumb: All ingredients are listed in order from greatest to least so if sugar is #1 and whole grain is #4, that product has 4x as much sugar than whole grain and is not the best choice.
5. COOK AT HOME. Food is never as healthy as when you prepare it yourself. Learn how to cook so you can enjoy home cooked meals and truly trust what you are eating.
6. FATS. Eat fat but the right kinds. Remember not all fat is created equal. Eat good fat sources from Unsaturated sources (except coconut oil). Some of my favorites include: walnuts, avocados, olive oil, coconut oil, almonds and pumpkin seeds.
7. HYDRATE. Drinking water is essential and should be sipped on throughout the day for hydration and proper bodily functions, energy and vitality! Rule of thumb, drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces.
8. EXERCISE. We cannot forget to include exercise as a huge component of your daily routine! Exercise is so important to burn calories, increase your metabolism but most importantly for your heart health. No matter what it is you do, do something daily to get your heart rate up!
As you tackle your goals in 2016 remember this:
You don’t have to eat less, you just have to eat right.
You don’t have to exercise like crazy, you must just exercise, period.
Something is better than nothing so even with little time, do something!
It isn’t the BIG things you do every once in a while but the SMALL things you do daily!
Here is to a happy and healthy 2016!
Don’t forget to check out my UAP Challenge starting January 11, 2016! Kick off your new year right with a 6 week plan that requires very little time and NO gym at all! Get more Info HERE.