Super Bowl Health Tips….
For those of you headed to enjoy the Game either at home or at a party, here are a few of my Superbowl tips:
Before the big game:
* Exercise before heading out to the party.
* Have a good breakfast that morning so you won’t be starving (and tempted to over indulge) that afternoon.
* Eat before you head out the door!
* Always bring some lighter fare like a grilled veggie platter, so you know you will have a clean side to munch on!
* If you know there will only be unhealthy “football” food, bring some protein of your choice so you will be satisfied! Have you heard of BYOC— bring your own chicken 😉
If you’re throwing the party:
* Serve some healthy choices along with other options so that everyone has something to pick from. My favorite are like grilled veggies, a shrimp platter, hummus or black bean dip and veggie sticks, lox, nuts, guacamole and healthy crackers or Flax Chips (no one will know the difference!) 😉
During the game:
* Challenge your fellow party goers. Every time your least favorite team scores a touch down, do 20 push ups.— people will love this (or maybe not… but you an try)
* Make sure your water bottle is close by. Have a sip every time a pass or a first down is completed.
* Make good choices – look for lean proteins like grilled fish or chicken. Load up on those veggies!!!
* Come PREPARED with extra “clean food”. You never know how long the game will last or how long the party will continue after the game!
The next day:
* Even if you splurged a little, get back on track with your healthy eating and exercise plan.
ENJOY THE GAME!!!