Squats will Save you this Summer
Summer is right around the corner and with that, if you are a mom like me, you may be wondering how you are going to manage your fitness during this busy season. We love the warm Summer months but when it comes to juggling our kids needs and our own, it can be quite a struggle. Tis the season for learning how to be more flexible, enjoying summer BBQ’s and family vacations. If you don’t have a Summer goal, it is so easy to get lost in the Summer shuffle.
4 years ago, I created my Summer Squat Challenge. 100 squats a day, every day of Summer has gained great momentum for busy moms out there that need a focus and way to still make them a priority all Summer long. We are worth it aren’t we?! Shell Yeah!
Check out 10 reasons why squatting this summer will keep you on your Summer game.
1. NO GYM NEEDED! You do not need a gym or any machines to do your squats. If you are like me and don’t have time to go to a gym, here is more reason to love squats, you don’t need a gym or machine to rock them all summer long.
2. ANYWHERE! This is the BEST part: You can do them anywhere! It doesn’t matter if you are at home, the gym, the park, the beach or even shopping with friends, you can do your squats anywhere. Squats = No Excuses!
3. ANY LEVEL! It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or more advanced, you can do whatever variation you want, depending on your preferences. There are variations to meet wherever you are in your journey or how you are feeling on any given day. Feeling motivated? Add some weights, a resistance band or hammer them out all at once. Just starting out? Break up the squats into fewer reps and complete them in sets throughout the day.
4. EFFECTIVE! Squats are one of the most effective ways to sculpt, lift and build your booty. With so many variations, you can stimulate your booty in different ways to keep your body responding.
5. BIKINI SEASON. Tis the season for rocking your favorite bikini and there is no better way to feel confident than a nice round, perky booty. You will be surprised how quickly you will see the changes to your backside with consistent attention to your squats.
6. CRAZY SCHEDULE. Summer means your schedule may be a bit more crazy than usual. If you can commit to 100 squats a day, even if you don’t get in your usual workout, you are still doing something. Your daily efforts will surely add up, I promise!
7. IT’S FUN! If it isn’t fun, why do it, right? “Have Fun” is our family’s first rule. If it is fun, you will keep coming back for more. There is something about squats that are FUN! You can even use the opportunity to get others involved. Grab a friend, grab a neighbor. Heck, grab a stranger. Just get it done!
8. LESS IS MORE. This has become one of the mantras I live by and preach because I have found it to work. We often tend to over extend ourselves and risk overtraining. People think you have to do more, when actually doing less can yield better results. Rather than focusing on more this summer, we are focusing on the basics – quality and consistency so let’s get back to basics!
9. REIGNITES THAT FIRE. Feeling burnt out or ready for a change? It’s normal to crush your New Year’s goals, or at least be super motivated to crush them, but then the months go on and you lose steam. This is a perfect way to reignite that fire and get you re-motivated. Fun challenges do it for me and I know they will do it for you too!
10. KID-FRIENDLY! When I say anyone, any age, and anywhere can do squats, I am talking our tiny tots to our older folks. When my kids were little I was squatting with them in my baby carrier and now they are squatting with me because it’s fun.
There is no better way to keep yourself on your fitness game than committing to a fun and effective challenge. Are you with me?
Join my FREE Summer Squat Challenge and stay on your fitness game all summer long!
Sign up HERE