Gina’s I Love You Beef Meatloaf
Ingredients for Meatloaf:
1 pound (96%) extra lean ground beef (93-99% lean ground turkey can also be used)
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 cup onions, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 bell pepper, color of your choice (I used red)
1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
2 egg whites
1 whole egg
3 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
¼ teaspoon sea salt
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with non stick spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add all ingredients. Using your hands, mix together until completely uniform.
3. Place the meat mixture on the baking dish and evenly distribute throughout.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the topping ingredients. Spread all over the top of the meatloaf.
5. Bake for about 45 minutes or until turkey reads at 165 degrees. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Slice or cut out into a heart shape and serve. 🙂
Makes 4-6 servings.
What I LOVE about Meatloaf is you can use the leftovers to make other yummy dishes.
You can crumble it up and toss it over a bed of greens or kale salad for a perfectly hearty yet clean and high fiber dish.
Another favorite is to make a delicious meatloaf sandwich. You can sandwich the meatloaf in 2 slices of gluten free bread or even have the meatloaf wrapped in cabbage or lettuce as a low carb option.
Top off with Ketchup and/or Mustard and enjoy!
For More Recipes, check out my Recipe Book HERE.