-1 cup raw coconut flour
-1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
-1/3 cup your choice mixed dry nuts (cashew, pistachios, hazel, almond, walnut, etc), coarsely cut (recommended to add some type of dried fruit such as dates to nut mixture)
-1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
-1/4 cup + 1 tbsp coconut oil (1 tbsp for greasing pan)
-2 tbsp cocoa
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-Pinch of salt
-2 tbsp natural granulated Stevia such as Truvia or Organic Zero
-1 tsp cocoa powder
-3 egg whites
-1 whole egg
-1 tbs apple vinegar
-1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a medium bowl, combine coconut flour, flaxseed, salt and baking soda.
2. In a larger bowl, with hand blender, beat eggs 3-5 minutes until frothy, and stir apple vinager and then coconut oil in to eggs.
3. Mix dry ingredients into wet. Add applesauce and then add nuts and seeds, mixing well.
4. Pour batter into a loaf pan that is well greased with coconut oil. Use spatula to spread out mixture well.
5. Sprinkle cocoa and granulated Stevia or Natural Zero over top.
5.Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean
Makes 12-16 Bars
Great source of omega’s and vitamins, especially that Thiamin B-1!