The million dollar question is, “How to lose body fat and keep it off!?” Well, there are a lot of things you can do and hope they work. Maybe jump on the latest fad diet or incorporate that next best superfood meant to turn you into a fat burning machine, but I want to share my top 3 tips that will guarantee blasting body fat for good!
But before we get started, do you even know where you want to get to and how long you’re willing to dedicate yourself to losing weight. Before you continue to read on, I want you to take a moment to ask yourself, what are my goals and am I willing to do what it takes to get there? If you know where you are headed and answered “Heck Yes” to the second questions, please continue on … If your answer was “No, I’m just not willing to do what it takes” then there is no need to continue reading on.
You Must be crystal clear with what you want and your burning desire to do what it takes.
1. Less Quantity & More Quality. You may think that you have to go to extremes to burn body fat. Doing too much is not the answer. Your body and mind needs more rest and less grind. It is important to focus on quality over quantity in all that you do. Whether it be lifting weights, doing cardio, eating, spending time with friends or even getting your rest, Quality is much more important than quantity. If all you have is 20 minutes to get in a workout or 6 hours to get a “good nights” sleep, that is perfectly fine, if we focus on quality of your workout or sleep. 2 hours of a mediocre workout or 10 hours of restless sleep is not going to help you burn body fat. In order to become a fat burning machine, you have to focus on quality over quantity, in all that you d
Key Takeaway: Start lifting in the 5-8 rep range.
2. Perform Full Body Workouts
If fat loss and muscle retention is your main goal, then aim for full body workouts. Full body workouts will help you get a lot done in a little time and allow you to throw around some heavy weight.
Complete the workout as a circuit with minimal rest between exercises. Of course, this is much tougher if you’re in a conventional gym, so do the best you can.
Try pairing antagonistic movements (push/pull exercises) together as you’ll give your CNS (Central Nervous System) a mini-break when you move to the next movement allowing you to go a little heavier.
Want to be a night-owl? Well, you’ll have to battle the possibility of gaining more weight. This doesn’t happen to everyone, but I find it significantly easier to lose fat when I get plenty of sleep – especially when I go to bed at a decent hour.
Besides the hormonal effects of getting a good night’s sleep that will help things running properly.Recent studies in humans have shown that the levels of hormones that regulate appetite, leptin and ghrelin, are profoundly influenced by sleep duration.
Seems obvious (and it should be) that the longer you’re awake, the more you’re going to want to eat. Not to mention that sleep deprivation completely jacks up your immunity, putting you at a greater risk for catching colds and flus. No bueno if your goal is train with intensity and consistency.
Key Takeaway: Get plenty of sleep. Go to bed at the same time each night and wake up at the same time each day. Easier said than done, but the results will speak for themselves. For more information on health and nutrition check out the health section of the Onnit Academy.
5. Stick to the Plan and Be Patient
How to Lose Body Fat Fast with These 5 Tips
When you decide you want to see results, get on a plan (much like our MBody Transformation Challenge). When you get antsy and want results faster than you should, one of three things happen:
1. You jump from program to program in search of the “perfect plan” and get ZERO results.
2. You do something stupid like take a supplement (legal or not) to speed things up. Very stupid.
3. You lose patience and give up.
Healthy fat loss shouldn’t be more than 2lbs a week (less if you’re already pretty lean and more if you have a lot to lose). But remember that weight isn’t everything. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard, “I don’t know what’s up. The scale hasn’t dropped.”
When I ask how things are fitting they inevitably say, “Well, better.” Yes, this still happens a lot.
You must be measuring yourself consistently. Don’t get frustrated if things don’t move quickly. You need to consider this extreme self-experimentation. Find what works and see what doesn’t. What doesn’t work must be eliminated and what DOES work must be repeated until it stops working.
Key Takeaway: Get a plan and stick to it and do not deviate no matter how sexy and shiny the next thing looks.
With these 5 tips, you’ll be well on your way to getting that crazy strong and lean body you’ve always wanted.