Turkey & Tomato slow cook with a Kick!
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey (99% lean)
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons ground chili powder
- 2tbsp fresh minced garlic
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 15-ounce cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Add all ingredients to Crock pot–slow cooker set on low and allow to cook all day, minimum of 8 hours.
- you may reduce the slow cooker to LOW and keep the stew warm until ready to serve.