Today, What is your outlook?
As we all know, everyday is unique in what life has to offer. Everyday there are lessons to be learned and some more more positive than others but, none the less, all just as valuable as another. Problems, lessons or opportunities, the choice is yours… What is your outlook? How you look at each situation will determine its outcome. Take on each challenge as an opportunity to make you stronger. Situations are going to occur, most often, completely out of our control but it is up to you to grab the reins and take control of your outlook! Often so much easier said than done but an exercise constantly worth practicing. How do you take control and see things positively when a situation seems so daunting?
• Get in touch with your feelings. Shift your focus inwards and focus on the bigger picture. At the end of the day, is that situation really going to change you as a person. If it doesn’t kill you, it only makes you stronger.
• Keep positive people in your life. Surround yourself with kind and optimistic people and their positive outlook will rub off on you. You are who you hang around so hang around those you wish to be like.
• Become conscious of your thoughts. The moment a negative thought enters your mind, pretend you are a typewriter and erase that thought, replacing it with a positive one.
• Don’t enter a negative spiral. As soon as you find yourself slipping into a negative mind frame, consciously look for something positive to concentrate your mind on.
• Remember how fortunate you are. Take some time and be thankful for everything wonderful you have in your life. Even if you are facing tough times, there are still many things to be grateful for. (friends, family, loved ones, your health… so many things to be grateful for)
• Laugh often. Better yet, in a trying situation, learn to laugh at yourself. When the choice is to laugh or cry… laugh.
• Set goals that inspire and motivate you.
• Tell yourself you can do it, never use the word CAN’T.
• Live each day in the moment, thinking less about yesterday and or tomorrow and just be.
• Seek joy in Paying it forward. Daily, seek out the gift of giving, even if it is the smallest gesture! Give without the thought of receiving. Give for the sake of giving.
• Love yourself right now for who you are today!
• Don’t compare yourself to others. Instead let them become your inspiration.
• Learn to accept criticism as feedback, but do not let it stop you from doing what you feel is right.
• Live without judgment.
• YOU are in charge of your destiny. You are in control of your outlook!
So today, what is your outlook?