Spaghetti Squash with sauce
- cut Squash in half lengthwise
- scoop out the seeds and fibers
- Then, place two squash halves cut side down in a baking dish with enough water to cover the bottom of the dish
- Bake at 350 degrees about an hour or until the skin gives easily when punctured and the inside is tender.
- Once the squash is cooked allow to cool for 10-15 minutes
- Then take a fork and scrape out the squash flesh little by little. It will naturally separate into noodle-like strands.
- Serve immediately with sauce…
(a few sauces to pick from below)– or good with just olive oil and pepper 🙂
Tomatoes and Herb Sauce
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Basil
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 2-3 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Sauté the minced garlic in the 2 teaspoons Olive Oil until it’s softened and fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, and oregano to the garlic and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Spoon the garlic tomatoe mixture on top of squash strands.
- Top with grated parmesan or romano cheese.
Spicy Turkey Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Minced Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Green Onions, minced
- 12 ounces Ground White Turkey(99% lean)
- 2 cups Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine
- 2 teaspoons Capers
- 2 teaspoons Minced Fresh Oregano
- 2 teaspoons Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Parsley
- heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and scallions. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and red wine
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the capers, oregano, red pepper flakes and parsley.
- Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce over the spaghetti squash “noodles” and serve.