Shirataki Pasta w/ Scallops in Spicy Tomato Sauce
1 tablespoon mustard seeds
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 small onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups chopped, diced tomatoes
1/4 cup low sodium chicken stock
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
freshly ground black pepper
1 packet Shirataki noodles
6 oz scallops
1. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the mustard seeds and shake the pan to keep them from burning. Once they begin to pop (like popcorn), lower the heat and add the olive oil and onions.
2. Cook the onions for about 5 minutes until they turn golden, then add the garlic and cook until the garlic begins to soften. Add the tomatoes, stock, and Dijon mustard. Simmer for about 5 minutes for the flavors to blend.
3. Rinse the scallops and remove the thick, tough muscle on the side of the scallops. Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel.
4. Add the scallops to the tomato sauce and turn up the heat to medium. Cook the scallops in the sauce for about 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, rinse and heat Shirataki noodles, about 2 minutes. Drain and repeat until completely dry.
6. Transfer the Shirataki noodles to a warm bowl and top off with Scallops and tomato sauce.