Parsley Turkey Meatballs Over Cauliflower Rice
My Nonna use to make this pasta called Orzo (Italian pronunciation: [ˈɔrdzo]. It is a short cut pasta that looks like a large grain of rice. She would use Orzo in her chicken soup recipes or even as a spaghetti alternative topped with meatballs. I always love finding ways to prepare recipes that are nostalgic to my upbringing. I was craving this dish so decided to create a healthier version of her Parsley Meatballs over Orzo with Parsley Turkey Meatballs over Cauliflower Rice. The Cauliflower rice really resembled Orzo and came out fabulous! This is definitely a recipe worth trying! I would love to know what you think! ENJOY!!
- 1/2 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 pound 99% lean ground turkey
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup cauliflower rice
- ¼ cup cashews
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, minced (leaving 1 tbsp for garnish)
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup organic tomato sauce (1/4 for turkey meatballs and remaining for topping)
- 2 cups frozen or fresh cauliflower rice (I get mine at Trader Joe’s)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh basil, minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray muffin pan with non stick spray.
- Puree cashews until they form a flour consistency.
- Mix all your ingredients together in one large mixing bowl.
- Roll the mixture into small meatballs and place in muffin pan. (I used 2- 24 mini muffin tins)
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat saute pan on medium heat. Spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to pan and pan fry until cooked and golden brown.
- Serve on plate and top with meatballs. Add remaining tomato sauce over top and garnish with remaining fresh parsley. Enjoy!!
Serving Size: 3-4
BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK, POST AND #GINAALIOTTI AND #GINAALIOTTIRECIPES ON INSTAGRAM, SO I CAN CHECKOUT YOUR AMAZING CREATIONS!!