Momspiration — Q&A with Gina Aliotti
MOMSPIRATION – Gina Aliotti
HOMETOWN: Carlsbad, Ca
WHAT IS YOUR CLAIM TO FAME?
Helping others find a realistic way to get in the best shape. Known for quick yet effective home workouts and realistic yummy nutritional plans that yield results that last!
HOW MANY CHILDREN?
2 (son, David is 3 and daughter Nicolette is 1)
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TREAT/ CHEAT MEAL? HOW OFTEN DO YOU HAVE A CHEAT MEAL?
Typically I have a Cheat or I call it a “refuel meal” once a week but I go with how I feel. My favorite refuel is a bowl of pasta with red wine J The truth is with Devotion Nutrition and Flex Flavors, I don’t have those cravings I use to. I now can have my crème brulee shake and eat it too!
HOW DO YOU EAT WELL AS A MOM ON THE GO?
Preparation is key! I always keep Devotion protein powder and almonds in my purse incase I am in a bind. I am a big fan of my Devotion protein pancakes, loaves and muffins and usually grab those when I am running out the door. My Loaded Turkey burgers also make for quick and easy meals since I load them with veggies and oatmeal making them a full meal in one big turkey patty.
WHAT FOOD CAN’T YOU LIVE WITHOUT?
• 2 cups ice
• 1 cup water
• 1 scoop Devotion Angel Food Cake Protein Powder
• Any Flex Flavor and I am in heaven!
Can’t live without it! Saves me from my cravings, any time of day!
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CLEAN MEAL?
Oat Bran or oatmeal with Devotion Angel Food Protein Fluff poured over top. Love that simple yet delicious meal. I could eat it all day every day! I also am a HUGE salad and veggie lover too so a big (I mean big) bowl of greens makes me one happy girl!
ARE THERE ANY FOODS THAT YOU AVOID AT ALL COSTS?
Sugar. I am not a fan of sugar, regardless if it is “natural”, “raw”, etc. To me sugar is sugar and it does more harm than good to our overall health. I avoid it at all costs. Thank gosh for all the flavor with Flex Flavors, I don’t feel like I am missing out on sweets!
WHAT’S YOU FAVORITE EXERCISE?
Side Lateral Raises. I LOVE training shoulders!
HOW DO YOU STAY MOTIVATED?
I stay motivated because of how it makes me feel. People always ask who motivates me, my response is I am motivated not by anyone else rather by how fitness makes me feel. There is NOTHING that motivates me more than how I feel after an awesome workout!
IF YOU COULD ONLY OFFER ONE TIP TO A MOM TRYING TO GET BACK INTO SHAPE WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Patience. I feel women tend to be so hard on themselves and feel that they will never get their body back! I can assure you that YES YOU CAN! If you take the necessary action with proper diet, exercise and most of all believing that you can, you will get there! Be patient in your journey, focus on one day at a time and rather than looking at how far you have to go, embrace the daily accomplishments that will all lead towards big results!!
WHEN YOU FEEL UNMOTIVATED WHAT DO YOU DO?
This is when I put on my Dig Deep Cap and literally lace up and just get out. The hardest part is just getting started but once I get myself going, often those are often the best workouts. I also remind myself of how I feel after a workout and that usually gives me that extra push to get it done!
HOW HAS TRANFORMING YOURSELF PHYSICALLY MADE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR LIFE?
Transforming myself on a physical level has overflowed into all areas of my life making me a better coach, mom, wife and friend. When we give back to ourselves we are able to give to others at a higher capacity. Proving to yourself that you are worth it and can make it happen gives you such a sense of accomplishment and confidence that carries over into everything you do!
DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE RECIPE TO SHARE?
Yes! I am known for my Zucchini loaf. You will find it on all my plans. It serves as a great grab and go anytime meal and satisfies the craving for carbs.
• 2 egg whites
• 1/3 cup ground oatmeal (or quick oats)
• 1 medium zucchini, shredded
• ¼ cup water
• ½ tsp baking powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients in bowl or place in food processor to mix. Pour into loaf pan coated with non-stick spray. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool and enjoy! These loafs freeze great and wonderful to have on hand for those grab and go meals!
IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE?
I would like to share my top 10 tips to anyone who may be getting started or who is deep into their fitness journey! These have been helpful for me and thousands of others so I hope you find them helpful too!
MY TOP 11 TIPS:
- Take it one day at a time. Rather than looking at how far you have to go, focus on one day at a time and make it the BEST day ever!
- Keep your vision alive with a mini goal. It is the small goals that will keep you going. Celebrate your success as you reach those mini goals!!
- Go at your own pace! We are all on our OWN journeys and have our own timeline! Rather than focusing on those around you, focus on where you are headed and your OWN goal!
- Trust the process! Believe in yourself and trust that you WILL get there! Trust the process and Dig Deep!
- Consistency is Key! Rather than here or there big efforts, focus on daily small efforts that WILL lead to great results! “Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.” Robert Collier
- Know that you are NOT alone and people just like you are getting after it and facing the same struggles!
- If and WHEN you fall, IT’S okay!!!!! Just get back up and start again!!! We are all human and there WILL be hiccups along the way. Those are all part of your journey! OWN them and keep on going! As long as you get back up, and keep going, you will get there! See the hiccups as lessons NOT failures!
- Focus less on the scale and more on how you feel, look and how your clothes fit!! The scale is NOT a measure of your success but rather how you look and feel from the inside out IS!
- Get involved with other like-minded people that are after similar goals. Surrounding yourself with those that have similar goals and are supportive of your efforts will help you stay on track and dig even deeper!
- ENJOY the journey!! This healthy lifestyle is one to enjoy and have fun with! When you embrace the lifestyle for ALL it’s amazing benefits, it becomes so much more fun!! It isn’t about being miserable in the process towards your goals, rather having fun and enjoying every minute! Get creative and discover your inner passion, that is how we make this a lifestyle NOT a short-term fix!
- Have FUN and get Creative with your foods! Foods do NOT need to be bland and boring. Add guilt free flavor with seasonings, spices, herbs and Flex Flavors. You can make any dish just as yummy as the real thing, if you get creative and learn the tricks to do so. Devotion Nutrition was created to prove to people that it is possible to have an incredibly tasty diet AND still reach your goals!
Make sure to check out Devotion Nutrition. It’s a game changer!
Created by figure competitors and mothers, Gina Aliotti and Dana Kaye, sugar-free AND calorie-free Flex Flavors were developed to take repetitive and boring clean eating to fun and delicious lifestyle eating. Available in Fruity Hoops, Coconut Biscotti, Creme Brûlée, Bananas Foster, Strawberry Fields, Razzmatazz, Blueberry Sky, Lemon Meringue, Peanut Butter Crunch, and Pumpkin Spice, with the help of Devotion Nutrition a little imagination, you’re always ‘cheating’, but never actually having a cheat! Devotion Nutrition is a family friendly line offering tons of fun recipes and flavor to keep the entire family happy and healthy!
Thank you Fit Mom Diet for the feature 🙂