This is a high fat dessert but a healthy treat on a holiday or a refuel. Best part is there is NO sugar. ENJOY!
3 large eggs
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup Swerve (Erythritol) or equivalent granulated sweetener (Baking Stevia)1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Set a kettle of water to boil.
2. Mix eggs in a medium bowl until light yellow and foamy.
3. Add sweetener, cream, salt, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Fill custard cups with the custard mixture and put the cups in a large casserole or cake pan. Fill the dish with an inch of hot water surrounding the custard cups.
5. Bake the custards at 350 for 30 minutes, or until firm in the center. (no not overcook.
6. Take out of water and set on top of the oven to cool for 30 to 45 minutes.
7. Unused portions can be refrigerated.
*Considered Gina Approved on a healthy refuel as a delicious treat!