Fall is in the air and you know what that means, pumpkins are making their comeback! I eat pumpkins year round but it’s this time of year I really start to crave everything pumpkin. I am quickly reminded of how much I love pumpkin everything! From pumpkin oatmeal, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin smoothies, to even burning pumpkin spice candles in the house, I love this time of year! I have been inspired to whip out my food processor and try some new recipes! These Peanut Butter Pumpkin Spice Toasted Oat Muffins came out amazing! So moist and flavorful! I thought anything with Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Spice would be hard to mess up! 😉 Not only were they a hit with the entire family but they have an incredible nutritional breakdown of only 150 calories per muffin! They make for the perfect anytime snack or pre or post workout treat! They are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and good fats yet are very low in carbohydrates and sugar! Completely gluten free too, making them perfect for those following a gluten free diet. With school starting back up, they also make for the perfect kid friendly school snack! Give these a try and let me know what you think!
- Heat your oven to 350F. Line muffin pans with muffin/cupcake liners or use a silicone muffin pan. If you are using a muffin tin or liners, be sure to spray with non-stick spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix together the protein, 1 cup oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and 4 Flex Flavors. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add all other ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the dry mixture into the pumpkin mixture and continue mixing with a food processor until well combined. Set aside.
- Prepare a saute pan with non-stick spray. Add remaining 1/4 cup oats and Flex Flavor and saute until golden brown. Set aside.
- Pour the batter into lined muffin tins about 3/4 of the way full then top off each muffin with toasted oats.
- Place muffins in the heated oven and bake for about 12-17 minutes, or until lightly golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool slightly. Serve warm or room temperature.Enjoy!
Serving Size: 16 Muffins
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (PER MUFFIN)
Calories: 150 calories
Fat: 8.1 grams
Saturated Fat: 2.1 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Fiber: 2.5 grams
Net Carbs: 9.5 grams
Sugar: 4.2 grams
Protein: 8.75 grams