Gina’s Guilt Free French Fries
With BBQ season approaching quickly, that means burger and french fry season is right around the corner! I wanted to share one of my favorite guilt free healthy “French Fry” recipes for you to enjoy! Sweet potato fries are a great healthier alternative to your typical french fries but an even better option are Jicama Fries. Not only do these taste amazing they have only a fraction of the calories and carbs!
These baked jicama fries are delicious and not only go great with a burger but make for a great anytime healthy snack!
GINA’S GUILT FREE “FRENCH FRIES”
- 1 large jicama, peeled
- 2 tablespoons coconut or olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ground black pepper
- Slice peeled jicama into thin match stick shaped fries.
- Place jicama slices, oil and seasoning in a bowl.
- Toss well to combine.
- Evenly spread the fries on a lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Turn the oven on broil and allow to cook for a few final minutes, until golden brown and crisp on the top.
*Feel free to experiment with different seasonings to change the flavor of the fries!