Simple, healthy and refreshing dishes are perfect during the summer season when things are heating up and life gets busy! I tend to eat a lot of cold salads during the summer months and wanted to share one of my favorites with you! My Basil Lime Quinoa Salad is great by itself or as a side dish to any lean protein. You can even add it over top some fresh mixed greens to add more volume. I love quinoa for its high protein content and light texture. It also is easy to digest and sits light in the tummy so you don’t feel full and bloated like you can from other grains! My Basil Lime Quinoa Salad is hearty enough to fill you up but still light enough so you don’t feel full and heavy in your summer dress or bikini!
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
G-Tip: This Basil Lime Quinoa Salad is a crowd pleaser so a great entrée to serve or bring to a summer BBQ!
- 2 cups cooked red quinoa (start with 1 cup uncooked quinoa, 2 cups water, and cook according to package directions)
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 10-15 fresh basil leaves, chopped + a small bundle set aside for garnish
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions and place cooked quinoa in a large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients except bundle of basil for garnish and grape tomatoes. Toss very well to combine all ingredients.
- Salad can be served immediately or placed in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 24 hours to allow the flavors to intensify. (Salad will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days.)
- When you are ready to serve, top off with grape tomatoes and garnish with fresh basil and Enjoy!!
Serving Size: About 4 (1/2 cup servings)
Calories: 300 calories
Fat: 15 grams
Carbohydrates: 35 grams
Protein: 6 grams
Fiber: 6 grams
Sugar: 1 gram