Awesome Oxygen Shrimp and pesto pizza!!
• Nonstick cooking spray
• 1 recipe whole-wheat and flax pizza dough (recipe follows)
• 1/4 cup reduced-fat pesto
• 6 oz large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (approx 20 to 24 shrimp)
• 1/2 medium-sized red bell pepper, sliced
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Set baking rack in top third of oven. Lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Shape dough into a 12-inch round pan on prepared baking sheet. Spread pesto over dough. Top pizza with shrimp and pepper. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Cut into 8 slices and serve.
Whole-wheat and Flax-Meal Pizza Dough
• 2 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
• 1/4 cup flax meal
• 1 tsp instant-rising yeast
• 1 tsp sugar
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 cup warm water (100 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit)
• 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, flax meal, yeast, sugar and salt. Stir in water and oil with a wooden spoon. When the dough starts to hold together, remove from bowl and knead by hand for 8 minutes (a standard mixer fitted with a dough hook makes this process much easier). Shape dough into a ball and return to bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let dough rise for one hour in a warm spot (70 to 80 degrees). Before baking, remove and knead dough for 5 or 6 strokes, then shape.
Nutrients per slice:
Calories: 201, Total Fat: 6 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 28 g, Fiber: 6 g, Sugars: 1.5 g, Protein: 11 g, Sodium: 386 mg, Cholesterol: 34 mg