6 Ways to Start Your Day off For Success
How we start each day shapes our entire day. Those initial thoughts and actions set the tone for the remaining hours in the day. We go to sleep each night and wake up in the morning to a new day of opportunities and choices. Each day is a new day to start fresh and take action. The minute we wake up, we can choose to feel defeated and bummed or take it on with full energy, and intention. It is nobody’s choice but our own. We control our thoughts. There is SO much in life we cannot control but the one thing we can is our thoughts and how we kick off each day. The way we start our day determines how we feel for the rest of the day. Let’s look at 6 ways to kick off the day right.
1. Start each day with a positive thought. Each day started with a positive quote, intention or what we call mantra. Something to focus on throughout the day. Take a few breaths and find something that you’re grateful for. Take a few minutes time to be thankful for all that you have in your life instead of wasting your energy on thinking about what you don’t have.
2. Instead of pouncing straight out of bed, spend a few minutes meditating. Simply take note of your breath. A few deep breaths can make all the difference. This may be the PERFECT time for that 2 minute meditation. Breathe in for a count of 4 to 5, then breathe out also for a count of 4 to 5 allowing everything to melt away. If you find yourself waking up slightly “off”, this can really help to reset things. This will allow you to create a good head space before you start your day.
3. Before breakfast have large glass of water with half a lemon. This will set the tone for your digestion and aid in cleansing and alkalizing your system. These few sips can help get things moving.
4. Exercise. ANY form of movement will kickstart your metabolism AND mindset. Even if you can’t do a.m. cardio or your full workout, do what you can to get your blood flowing and release those endorphins. If you have the ability to do your cardio or workout, first thing, it will be the BEST way to start your day. Movement is MAGIC!
5. Mindful Eating. While you eat your first meal, take some time be 100% present It feels good and it’s an amazing way to consciously set your energy and intention towards your day.
6. Leave with intention. As you walk out the door to head out on your daily adventures, you can choose to have a productive day or not. Whatever you want your day to look like, create that picture and go with it! Remember, it is up to you to create how you want your day to flow. Now of course, things can come up and happen that are unexpected but this intention is the control you take over the choices you have. People don’t understand the power of thoughts but they are real and they are SO powerful!
Remember, you choose your thoughts, you choose your behavior, you choose the outcome. And every choice you make determines how you feel physically, mentally, and emotionally.
How do you start your day? Remember the initial thought and actions TODAY will shape the next 23 hours and carry over into tomorrow so make the choose wisely and make it the best, most productive, mindful, positive day EVER!